Soar is looking to welcome an experienced Financial Controller to our team. This person will work directly with our leadership team and will be responsible for defining and executing our Financial Operations strategy. This individual will oversee technical accounting as well as lead day-to-day accounting operations including end-of-month, quarterly reporting, and year-end close processes. The Financial Controller will also prepare timely and accurate financial reports for the Board of Directors, Internal and external business partners. This person will lead an active role in the direction of financing strategies, analysis, forecasting, and budget management.
· Build and scale the company’s accounting function.
· Develop and implement internal control guidelines, financial policies, and procedures.
· Prepare timely and accurate financial statements following the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
· Experience with detailed variance analysis on the profit and loss, balance sheet, and cash flow statements.
· Oversee accounts payable, accounts receivable, cost accounting, and payroll processes.
· Develop and continuously assess the risk profile of the company and maintain a risk-based audit plan.
· Serve as a key member and strategic thought partner of the management team
· Manages federal, state, and local tax reporting.
· Build and maintain relationships with external CPA firms on tax return preparation and reviews on financial statements and audits.
· A BS in accounting or finance is required, MA/MBA in accounting or finance is preferred.
· A CPA certification is required for this position.
· 4-8 years of progressive accounting experience and 4-5 years of financial leadership experience at the Director/VP level.
· Big 4 Experience and possess a strong operational and technical accounting background.
· Experience in being a well-rounded financial leader with superior analytical, strategic, and execution skills.
· Startup experience or at a rapidly scaling company is preferred, ideally through multiple funding stages and inflection points.